After the experience of Lan Ekintza (today’s Bilbao Ekintza) in 2011, when a programme of Creative Pills was undertaken, in 2012 the Economic Promotion Agency of the Bilbao City Council wanted to conduct a new co-research programme in which 9 SMEs and micro-companies from Bilbao’s area of influence could work together with artists and creatives in order to innovate in their organisations.
The projects completed were carried out with the following organisation/artist-creator pairs:
At the end of the programme, the Berlin Social Science Centre (WZB) conducted an evaluation survey on the completed projects. The following are some of the evaluations of the people participating in them:
- It helped to center us (employee).
- The fact of having decided to confront uncomfortable questions (project manager).
- Contrasting realities and ways of dealing with them. Getting to know a company that was calling my attention and that I now like more, with a better knowledge of it (artist).
- For analysing the company and explaining it to someone outside the organization, this is when the changes happen (employee).
- Because it offers an opportunity to get to know new ideas, ways of working, and to reflect on how the company is doing, what it is doing well or badly (project manager).
- It is a new space, being in a business context is stimulating… it makes you reconsider your functions, methods and objectives (artits).